wpa_supplicant no longer authenticating to WPA

Jouni Malinen j
Wed May 30 20:07:23 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 10:49:41PM -0400, Brian Resnik wrote:
> To start with, let me tell you that this issue has been resolved by manually
> updating ndiswrapper (1.42 > 1.45) and wpa_supplicant (0.5.7 > 0.5.8).

I do not remember any changes in wpa_supplicant 0.5.8 that should have
affected this type of issue..

> Now that I know the problem can be fixed with the newest versions of
> ndiswrapper and wpa_supplicant, I'd be willing to downgrade in an attempt to
> reproduce the problem if you think it would be worth it.  Yes/no?

If everything works now, I would leave it as is. This type of issues
are usually taking way too much time to research and I would just forget
it for now. Though, should this ever happen again with the latest
versions, getting the extra details would be useful.