Identifying hostap

ahuguet at cttc.es ahuguet
Fri May 11 04:10:09 PDT 2007

Try changing only the subtype field David, that should help you to
identify a special packet.
Check the IEEE 802.11 standard to see the reserved subtype fields for each
type.
For data packet type for example, the reserved subtypes go from 1000 to 1111
the first bit of them being the most significant.

You'll then be able to identify them with a monitor node or nodes running
your modified driver that has a case for those subtype datagrams.
Obviously if you make a special kind of packet, you cannot expect other
non-modified drivers to understand it.

It's hard to help you further with the information you gave.
Hope this was of help, anyway.