wpa_supplicant with madwifi using bridge

Jouni Malinen j
Tue May 8 19:07:17 PDT 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 01:47:19PM -0700, Joel Lindsay wrote:

> I am using madwifi wireless drivers and wpa_supplicant on a bridged
> interface.  I cannot connect to the access point while the ath0 is on the
> bridge using wpa_supplicant.  As soon as I remove the ath0 from the bridge
> wpa_supplicant connects perfectly, and then I can add ath0 back to the
> bridge again.

> It looks like this might have been fixed in latest version, but I am using
> 0.4.9 and would require a lot of work to change.  Is there work around or
> something to fix this?

Updating to 0.5.7 would be the easiest solution for this, but if this is
not feasible for some reason, you could try to backport the support for
-b argument, i.e., the following two changes, into 0.5.x:

http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=commitdiff;h=051807c9467c13730d1611cc8ab55678fed738a7

http://w1.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=commitdiff;h=89b6ea80cf6d073176e72ec56f5e364a0bef5d45