Getting information from a received packet's header

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Mar 18 10:43:50 PDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 10:56:10AM +0100, Varga D?vid wrote:

> I'm not willing to use it for anything like sniffing (: I'm just
> implementing a new mixed infrastructure-adhoc protocol and I need to know
> which other stations can be heard on each station.

You could try enabling promiscuous mode (HFA384X_RID_PROMISCUOUSMODE),
but please keep in mind that it may have some issues when used with
certain firmware versions (which is the reason for not using this in the
driver by default). In addition, Prism2/2.5/3 is not exactly the easiest
targer for experimenting with this kind of mixed configuration since the
STA firmware does way too much validation on frames and may not send
frames correctly in not-so-standard situations.