nfs over wpa_supplicant random hangs

Rett D. Walters rettw
Sun Mar 11 10:46:38 PDT 2007

Hello:

I am using wpa_supplicant 0.5.7 on both ipw2200 laptops and madwifi
laptops with an Orinoco AP-4000 access point.   Every thing seems to
work ok with a WPA-PSK setup except accessing an NFS server on the wired
lan.  Sometimes NFS works, other times it just hangs when trying to
access the server shares.  If I shut off WPA-PSK and remove
wpa_supplicant, everything works fine.   The laptops are linux 2.6.18
(gentoo 2006.1), and the server is 2.6.19 (gentoo 2006.1).  I am using
NFS v3 over TCP.

Is there any tuning on the nfs or wpa_supplicant that can be done to fix
this?

Here is the client side supplicant config

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=users
#eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1