MSCHAPv2 Authentication

Bryan Kadzban bryan
Fri Mar 9 09:48:22 PST 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 05:51:55PM +0530, Sukhdeep Johar wrote:
> probe request doesn't contain this information.

D'oh!  You're right, of course.  I was confusing scan_ssid=1 (which asks
the driver to send a probe request with a non-empty SSID information
element) with ap_scan=2 (which blindly tells the driver to associate
with each given SSID/security configuration given, until one succeeds).

And since I was thinking the driver would be given the security stuff, I
was also thinking it would get put into the probe request -- but you're
right, it's not.

So never mind; the issue isn't that those variables have >1 value.  The
only issue is likely the first one (where the SSID doesn't match).