MSCHAPv2 Authentication

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi
Thu Mar 8 06:02:44 PST 2007

I simply did not understand your problem.
Your university uses a protected wireless network based on WPA + PEAP
apparently...

So you need credentials to join the network if you do not have them you
cannot join.
but you have to be sure your campus uses 802.1x WPA and PEAP.

Perhaps they are using EAP-TTLS instead of PEAP?
in this case you do not have the proper Windows supplicant and you need
to install something like
securew2 from Alfa Ariss.
But on Linux using atheros chipset card like Cisco a/b/g and
wpa_supplicant with a proper
wpa_supplicant.conf you should be able to be succesfull if you have the
credentials.

On Linux Ubunto 6.10 there is full native support (firmware and driver)
for Atheros like chipset cards and also Intel 2200 BG cards (the
centrino ones), I tested it myself and they works using
802.1x+WPA/WPA2+EAP-TTLS or PEAP

Riccardo