driver_broadcom.c problem?

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Mar 6 19:50:18 PST 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:26:43PM +0100, Ragnar Ch. Nevries wrote:

> Ok, i cross-compiled 0.4.10 for OpenWRT.
> I'm not very experienced with 802.1x, but do i really not use WPA-mode?
> The problem is not solved. See my config and debug output below.

Aah.. You seemed to have hit yet another bug in driver_broadcom.c.. As
you can see, it is not exactly the best maintained driver wrappers due
to the driver interface being quite proprietary and no one seems to be
willing to spend time to maintain the open source wrapper code for this
particular driver.

This time the problem is likely in driver_broadcom not marking the AP to
use encryption in the scan results..

> Would it make sense to spend some time compiling 0.5.7 ?

No, the same issue is there. However, you could try a workaround of
telling wpa_supplicant to not expect encryption for this part. This can
be done by adding eapol_flags=0 into the network block in configuration.
This should get past the AP selection issue, but I'm not sure whether
wpa_supplicant would manage to configure keys in such a configuration
after authentication.