EAPOL Packets after successful authentication and 4 way handshake

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 3 09:44:19 PST 2007

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 08:57:49PM +0530, ramprasad.rajendran at wipro.com wrote:

> Yeah I've observed the packets with the sniffer. I don't have the
> unencrypted frame format.
> I was using Linksys WRT54G as the authenticator and wpa_supplicant_0.5.7
> I have only the encrypted dump that is attached.

It's difficult to say for sure what this frame is without seeing
decrypted version, but if that was an EAPOL-Key frame, it could have
been part of group key handshake for rekeying and that can happen at any
time after 4-way handshake.