hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new stable release v0.5.8

Ed Howland ed.howland
Fri Jun 22 20:22:46 PDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 10:50:14AM -0500, Ed Howland wrote:
>
> > What device would you recommend?
>
> I don't have enough information on what you are trying to do in order to
> recommend any specific device.
>
> > Anything the hostap driver works with? Our only restriction is it has
> > to be USB.
>
> That combination is not going be work since Host AP driver does not
> support USB devices. Then again, your previous message did not seem to
> have anything to do with Host AP driver..

Nope, only hostapd.

We are using it currently with the 2.6.22-rc2 wireless-dev git release
from serial monkey. We've tried both 0.6.0 and 0.5.8, Both work well,
but the wireless drivers are not stable yet. -rc4 completely broke
them. Rumors of -rc5 will be better.

The chipset that seems to work best so far is rt2570. Found in older
D-Link USB sticks.

Ed

> --

Ed Howland
http://greenprogrammer.blogspot.com
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary, confidential
and/or legally privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from all computers."