problem with wpa_supplicant file for EAP-MD5

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Jun 3 11:08:41 PDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 04:54:39PM +0100, shantanu choudhary wrote:

> i m using wpa_supplicant with radius server, the problem which i m facing is that i m geting on server side a message of ACCESS ACCEPT, but my client side is showing EAP FAILURE.

> key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
> eap=MD5

EAP-MD5 does not generate keying material and as such, it cannot be used
with WPA-EAP. You will need to use another EAP method (e.g.,
EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPV2 or EAP-TTLS/EAP-MD5) if you want to use WPA-EAP
(WPA-Enterprise).