Query: wpa_supplicant's ctrl_interface_group option is DEPRECATED?

Soh Kam Yung sohkamyung
Tue Jul 10 19:39:57 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am currently looking at using wpa_supplicant to configure networks
on my linux pc.

While trying to configure it, I discovered that the
ctrl_interface_group option has been marked (DEPRECATED) in
config_file.c.

But the README that comes with wpa_supplicant makes no mention that
ctrl_interface_group has been deprecated.  Instead, it recommends
using ctrl_interface_group to allow wpa_cli to run as a normal user
account.

Is ctrl_interface_group to be removed in the future from
wpa_supplicant?  If yes, what is the recommended option to use?

Regards,
Kam-Yung
--
Soh Kam Yung