hostapd without interface.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jan 30 19:29:23 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:14:33PM +1100, Nazeer Khan wrote:

> I want to run hostapd without any interface. It should listen on a TCP/UDP
> socket. eloop cannot be initialized without any interface. Any idea how to
> initinalize eloop without an interface??

Why would you want to do this?

> The idea is that hostapd will be running on a remote machine and madwifi
> on another machine. I want that hostapd communicate with it remotely. I
> want to establish a TCP connection and then do all the processes.

This would require the hostapd on the remote machine to be initialized
with an "interface".. Something similar to driver_test.c could be used,
i.e., the interface itself does not need to be a network device. It
could be an identifier for a new driver_remote.c that would implement
the fremote connection (e.g., over a TCP connection).