madwifi session timeout causing seg. fault

Ahmet Basagalar ahmet
Tue Jan 16 07:19:11 PST 2007

Yes,

Indeed I use an older version, ver 0.4.9. Thanks for the update.

Ahmet
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: angelo fontana
  To: Ahmet Basagalar
  Cc: hostap at shmoo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:43 AM
  Subject: Re: madwifi session timeout causing seg. fault

  Hi.

  2007/1/15, Ahmet Basagalar <ahmet at thebluezone.com>:
    Hi,

    We have been getting some segmentation faults on the hostapds that we are
    using with madwifi driver. I have found that this is because of the fact
    that session timeouts are not being cancelled although the stations are
    freed. I added

    eloop_cancel_timeout(ap_handle_session_timer, hapd, sta);

    to the ap_free_sta function in sta_info.c and that fixed the issue. I am no
    longer getting seg. faults. (Also you will need to declare
    eloop_cancel_timeout somewhere before ap_free_sta)

    Thanks,
    Ahmet

  I am using hostapd_0.5.7 and I see that there is another call to eloop_cancel_timeout in ap_free_sta (line 157), with the same parameters. Are you using an older version of hostapd?

  Thanks.
  Angelo.