SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac

Andrew ifreebiz
Sat Jan 13 08:54:51 PST 2007

I am using wpa_supplicant 0.4.8 on Windows XP. With the exactly the same
configuration, on some computers the TTLS/MSCHAPV2
consistently fails with error "SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad
record mac". With other computers, I get success consistently.

I have searched over the internet. It seems the problem is with OpenSSL
library. The OpenSSL version I am using is openssl-0.9.7d. I am
wondering if anyone knows about any fix or workaround for this problem.

Jan 12 12:45:41.921875: SSL: SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read finished A
Jan 12 12:45:41.921875: OpenSSL: tls_connection_handshake - SSL_connect
error:14
08F455:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac

Thank you very much, Andrew

                          love email again