[patch] bind to own_ip_addr for RADIUS communications

Matt Brown matt
Tue Jan 2 13:50:58 PST 2007

Jouni Malinen wrote:

> Do you happen to know how different RADIUS servers select which shared
> secret to use? Based on the source IP address or would NAS-IP-Address
> override this?

I only have experience with FreeRadius (version 1.1.3) which appears to
ignore the NAS-IP-Address attribute and looks only at the source address
of the incoming packet when verifying the shared secret.

> I like the possibility of binding the sockets into a specific address,
> but I'm not sure I would like to do this unconditionally..

I guess it would be trivial to add a bind_ip_addr option alongside
own_ip_addr. It seems very redundant to me though...

Would you like me to prepare a patch using bind_ip_addr?

Cheers

--
Matt Brown
matt at mattb.net.nz