which ioctl in driver takes WPA-TKIP passphrase?

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Feb 20 18:10:16 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 14:49 -0800, hong zhang wrote:
> List,
>
> I konw WEP key is passed through ieee80211_ioctl_setkey() in madwifi
> driver.
> Could anyone please tell me which ioctl function in madwifi driver
> takes
> wpa-tkip passphrase?
>
> I try to pass a wpa-tkip passphrase down to madwifi driver but I do
> not know which ioctl() should take it.

You don't push the passphrase to the driver, you hash the passphrase
with wpa_passphrase to get the key and you push the key down to the
driver using SIOCSIWENCODEEXT.  Drivers certainly shouldn't be accepting
passphrases unless they are smoking really, really unholy crack.

Dan