Madwifi and hidden SSID

Ruzsinszky Attila ruzsinszky.attila
Sat Dec 29 03:20:48 PST 2007

> Which version of madwifi driver are you using? I'm using -Dwext with
As I mentioned here in my first letter
SuSE 10.3, wpa_supplicant-0.5.8-37
madwifi-kmp-default-0.9.3.3_2.6.22.9_0.4-0.1
madwifi-0.9.3.2-0.1

> tests. I don't use hidden SSIDs (they are quite pointless from security
> view point), so I'm not sure about the current madwifi status for them.
I know hidden SSID isn't the best security solution I want to send as few
as possible information as the hardvare and software can.
I use MAC filter and WPA/WPA2+EAP-TLS, too.

Now the solution is the unhidden SSID.
-Dwext can't connect at all. With or without hidden SSID, any ap_scan
or ssid_scan settings.

TIA,
Ruzsi