hostap compilation issue on 2.6.23.11

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Dec 28 08:02:18 PST 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 06:52:47PM +0530, Mohammed Riyaz wrote:

> I am trying to compile hostap version hostapd-0.6-2007-05-26 on kernel
> 2.6.23.11. I am trying to get this to compile for mac80211. I have
> enabled CONFIG_DRIVER_DEVICESCAPE in the config file.
>
> Initially the build was failing as hostapd_ioctl.h was missing. So I
> have added the kernel header path for mac80211 to the makefile. But,
> now the problem is with enum value redeclarations.

The access point code and kernel interface are still very much in flux
and there is no released version of either mac80211 or hostapd that
would really be expected to work properly. Your best chance of compiling
this would likely to be to take the latest development snapshot of both.

> Does hostapd-0.6-2007-05-26  build for kernel 2.6.23.11 with mac80211 support??

No idea and even if it did, it would unlikely work properly.