EAP-SIM failing...

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Dec 22 20:00:03 PST 2007

On Sun, Dec 23, 2007 at 12:00:24PM +0900, Raghavendra. S wrote:

>  I am not using CONFIG_PCSC in my .config file. Because in my previous
> mail to mailing list Dan Williams replied me as below.
>
>  "just don't enable that option if you don't care about using
> smartcards with wpa_supplicant."
>
> Is this correct? or I have to enable CONFIG_PCSC option in .config?

Well, if you want to test EAP-SIM authentication properly, you would
need to have a SIM card and use PC/SC to access it for authentication..
If you are just testing the EAP part of EAP-SIM, you can disable
CONFIG_PCSC. However, in that case you must not include pcsc="" in the
configuration file since that is used to request PC/SC connection (which
was the part that was failing in your debug log). Please also note that
this is only suitable for testing since no real level of security is
provided by EAP-SIM with hardcoded authentication data.