EAP-SIM failing...

Raghavendra. S raghavendra.akkasali
Sat Dec 22 19:00:24 PST 2007

Hi Jouni,

 I am not using CONFIG_PCSC in my .config file. Because in my previous
mail to mailing list Dan Williams replied me as below.

 "just don't enable that option if you don't care about using
smartcards with wpa_supplicant."

Is this correct? or I have to enable CONFIG_PCSC option in .config?

-Raghu.

On 12/20/07, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 03:12:02PM +0530, Raghavendra. S wrote:
>
> >  I am trying to test EAP-SIM. using wpa supplicant 0.6.1.
>
> > Selected network is configured to use SIM (sim=1 aka=0) - initialize PCSC
> > Failed to initialize SIM (pcsc-lite)
>
> It looks like initialization of the pcsc-lite connection for SIM
> operation is failing. Which pcsc-lite version are you using? Have you
> verified that pcscd sees the SIM card properly?
>
> --

Regards & Thanks
Raghavendra. S