Small doubt about wpa supplicant.

Raghavendra. S raghavendra.akkasali
Wed Dec 5 23:24:04 PST 2007

Hi All,

 I am newbie to wireless. So only this silly question comes from me...:)

 I am using wpa supplicant. Now on our device. we have some WLAN code which
does scanning..association ..etc all those basic wireless events and then it
call dhcp client to get IP.

   Now they asked me to integrate wpa supplicant to provide security. I saw
even wpa supplicant does scanning, association....authentication and then
connects. In short wpa supplicant is a binary with config file....which
establishes secure channel.

My question is if I integrate wpa supplicant I guess I dont need previous
code which does scanning..association...etc. I can directly invoke wpa
supplicant and then use dhcp client to get IP. Am I correct?

--
Regards & Thanks
Raghavendra. S