wpa supplicant on windows mobile?

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Dec 3 22:30:44 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 05:05:41PM -0500, Mike Reinstein wrote:

>  I'm trying to build an app on a  windows mobile that connects to an ap
> using wpa-psk, sends some data, and disconnects. I tried wpa_supplicant
> on windows, and it works very well but it's kind of big in terms of
> footprint, and I really don't need most of the advanced features that
> the suite provides (wpa2, all of the eap support, etc).
>
> * is there a way to strip down the code to get a minimal wpa supplicant
> footprint?

Yes, there are built time options for quite a bit of configuration on
what exactly is built, including removal of WPA2 and EAP support.
Currently, these are much simpler for Makefile based builds, but similar
configuration can be done for visual studio builds, too, with some more
effort in figuring out what exactly the Makefile is doing..

> * are there any resources for people that want to get wpa_supplicant
> working on windows mobile 5?

wpa_supplicant does not include full support for WM5 in its current
version. Some commercial versions (e.g., DSA Supplicant from
Devicescape) have extended that to full support.