hostapdioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Invalid argument

Stephane List slist
Thu Sep 7 03:24:53 PDT 2006

Hello,

I've modified the code of bcm43xx_wx_set_interfmode(file bcm43xx_wx.c)
In default case, I set mode to BCM43xx_RADIO_INTERFMODE_AUTOWLAN.

So now, hostapd can go a little bit further.

I've installed firmware for my board from this web site :at
http://ubuntu.cafuego.net/dists/dapper-cafuego/bcm43xx/
Now, power LED is ON. And I can see an other wifi network using
kwifimanager.

But now, I'm facing the following error :
ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device

It make me think that bcm43xx is a driver for my wifi card,that creates
eth1.
But should hostap create an other interface, so that hostap will receive
  ioctl ?

Regards
Stephane