wpa_supplicant && mandriva 2007

robm rob.merritt
Tue Oct 31 14:10:07 PST 2006

hey Dan that seemed to fix part of my problem , I now seem to be
authenticating using:
#wpa_supplicant.conf
 # IEEE 802.1X with dynamic WEP keys using EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
        ssid="uofs"
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=PEAP
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        identity="username"
        password="password"
}

I authenticate but then get booted (then reauthed???) ? any insights?

root at rob-laptop:/home/rob# wpa_supplicant -i eth2 -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dwext
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - No network configuration found for the
current AP
ioctl[SIOCSIWMLME]: Operation not supported
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
Trying to associate with 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0 (SSID='uofs' freq=2437 MHz)
ioctl[SIOCSIWGENIE]: Operation not supported
Association request to the driver failed
Associated with 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP method 25 (PEAP) selected
EAP-MSCHAPV2: Authentication succeeded
EAP-TLV: TLV Result - Success - EAP-TLV/Phase2 Completed
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed successfully
Associated with 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP method 25 (PEAP) selected
EAP-TLV: TLV Result - Success - EAP-TLV/Phase2 Completed
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed successfully
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0 completed (auth)
Associated with 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP method 25 (PEAP) selected
EAP-TLV: TLV Result - Success - EAP-TLV/Phase2 Completed
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed successfully
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0 completed (reauth)
Associated with 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP method 25 (PEAP) selected
EAP-TLV: TLV Result - Success - EAP-TLV/Phase2 Completed
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed successfully
Associated with 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-STARTED EAP authentication started
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-METHOD EAP method 25 (PEAP) selected
EAP-TLV: TLV Result - Success - EAP-TLV/Phase2 Completed
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed successfully
CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0 completed (reauth)
CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received
ioctl[SIOCSIWMLME]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - root at rob-laptop:/home/rob#

root at rob-laptop:/home/rob#