How 2 find an SSID after you've connected to hidden SSID that shares the same hardware (MAC address)?

George S. Lockwood gslockwood
Wed Oct 18 20:20:48 PDT 2006

Hello,

I was able programatically cycle the adapter (via a COM interface to
the connection manager) but it didn't help???

I thought for sure it would.

So how to trick the NIC?

Wouldn't associating to a mac address of ff:ff:ff:ff:ff or 0's free
the card of whatever it was doing before??

Is there a prescribed technique of trying to connect to a phony SSID
of some type that would somehow free up the NIC??  Attempt to connect
to another (ap_scan=2) but non-existent SSID? Attempt to connect to a
visible (ap_scan=1) but non-existent SSID? Combination?

I'm just hoping to find a way -any- to get the card's scan memory empty.

And could the network behind the SSID be causing this behavior in any way?

Stuck,

george