getting disconnected, is it wpa_supplicant or my connection?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Oct 14 09:16:08 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 10:13:20PM -0500, John H. wrote:

> This is happening, it seems, after like 20-30 minutes.  Is it my
> connection, or is it wpa_supplicant?  Once I restart a few things, it
> goes right back up.

> WPA: Key negotiation completed with 00:14:6c:5f:92:7b [PTK=TKIP GTK=TKIP]
> CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:14:6c:5f:92:7b completed (auth)
>
> (works for 20-30 min)
>
> CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys

I would need to see more detailed log (-ddt on command line) to be able
to tell what happened there. My guess would be that the driver reported
a disconnect event at that point and the reason for that would be
outside the scope of what wpa_supplicant is doing. In other words,
debugging this would likely require either getting debug information
from the driver/ndiswrapper and/or using a wireless sniffer to see
whether the AP is actually disconnecting the station at this point and
what was sent out just before the disconnection.