what happened to the anonymous cvs repository?

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Mon Oct 9 23:17:22 PDT 2006

Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> writes:

> If someone knows of a server that provides pserver output and allows one
> to use rsync to upload the CVS repository, I could consider using
> another server for this.

May I suggest taking a look at http://launchpad.net? It could provide
server side storage for bazaar [1] branches, as well as optionally a bug
tracking system, which offers interesting ways of linking bugs in
different FOSS bugtrackers like other project's bugzilla or
distributions bugtrackers. Importing old bugdata and CVS history
shouldn't be a problem. In fact, launchpad has proven in the past
several time, that it is able to do that.

[1] http://bazaar-vcs.org

To meet the question about bzr: It is a decentral VCS with a very clean
commandline ui. It can be used just like svn or cvs [2], so there aren't
new commands to learn. OTOH, it also offers all other features of
decentral VCS like guaranteed conflict free commits or access to history
when offline.

[2] http://andrew.puzzling.org/diary/2006/October/9/20061009

--
Gruesse/greetings,