pmk caching problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Nov 18 14:14:44 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 11:40:20PM +0900, ?????? wrote:

> I don??t know why it cannot skip ieee 802.1X/EAP procedure.

How did you force the client to re-associate with the AP? Are you
roaming between two APs?

> Actually, the hostapd found a mobile node??s pmkid in its cache entry, then
> sent 1/4 msg of 4-way handshake.
>
> However, a mobile node sent EAPOL-Start, not 2/4 msg of 4-way handshake as
> a reply.

The debug log from hostapd does not seem to indicate any issues here.
This sounds like something that would be easier to figure out based on
the client debug log. I would suggest enabling EAPOL tracing in the WZC
(which I'm assuming you were using here) and take a look at the debug
log to see whether it reports any errors when the EAPOL-Key frame is
received.