Session-stop on timer expiry?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Nov 10 07:05:44 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 12:57:12PM +0100, Zoltan HERPAI wrote:

> Does hostapd support closing an authenticated port on a session timeout?
> I've seen such behaviour in hotspot infrastructures, whereas either the
> client is disconnected or the traffic is blocked after the expiry of a
> timer - which could be an AVP like Session-Timeout or Idle-Timeout. I
> would like to do the same, but with a port authenticated with
> EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2.

Yes, hostapd supports Session-timeout attribute to limit the amount of
time a user can remain connected without re-authenticating (i.e., this
requires IEEE 802.1X). At the end of the session, hostapd will start
re-authenticating the client and only if the authentication server
allows this to happen, will the client be allowed to continue using the
network.