problems with pseudo-ibss with driver version 0.4.4-kernel

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue Nov 7 09:25:33 PST 2006

Hello!

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 16:58 +0100, silvia lafuente wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to put two cards in pseudo-ibss mode, but it is coming out
> impossible. They see each other in mode Ad-Hoc, but when I do: iwpriv
> wlan0 pseudo_ibss 1, they don't see each other anymore. Also I have
> tried prism2_param wlan0 pseudo_ibss 1, but it doesn't work either.
> The only thing I see is some "probe-message" when I use ethereal with
> another card in Monitor mode.

I believe Pseudo-IBSS is broken or disabled in recent firmwares.  You
may want to use 0.8.3 firmware if the cards are using Prism2 chipset.
See the kernel log.  It's shown by dmesg.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin