HELP:(( HOSTAPD + XSUPPLICANT AND INTEGRATED EAP AUTHENTICATOR!!!!!!!!!

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed May 31 19:42:47 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 08:12:43PM +0200, biri arwa wrote:
> currently working with hostapd.
>  EAP -MD5 not seem to work !( I need it to work as
> example)
>  in fact, I need some precision about how works the
> integrated authenticator
>  I do understand that it first do 802.11 association
> and secondly 802.1X and
>  after the eap state machine after receiving eap
> identity request goes to the
>  state IDLE!! and after no authentication!!
>  please I really need a response!

The debugt log you sent does not seem to include this kind of behavior.
It ends in hostapd sending out EAP-Request/Identity. At this point,
hostapd is waiting for the supplicant to send EAP-Response/Identity.
That frame does not show up in the debug log. Please verify that the
supplicant you are using receives the request and replies ot it.