EAP/802.1X authentication without susbsequent data confidentiality

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed May 31 19:20:13 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:37:57PM +1000, Rupsky Gill wrote:

>  Is it possible to configure hostap to authenticate clients using
> EAP/802.1X, however not to
> encrypt the susequent data exchanges after successful authentication (no
> confidentiality). I need this setup for an academic experiment.

Maybe.. Some driver interfaces may assume that IEEE 802.1X is only used
encryption which may break association. Which driver are you using? I
haven't tried this for a long while, so I would just suggest trying and
see what happens..