[Madwifi-devel] Re: Re: OLSR Vs. MADWIFI Vs. HOSTAP

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue May 30 13:23:30 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 20:59 +0200, thomasasta at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
> thanks for your answer. Ah ok I see.
> Then HostAp and Madwifi should cooperate and all users should join
> both mainlinglists to get the info.

I think you want too much.  Why should somebody who doesn't have any
Atheros cards join the Madwifi mailing list?

> Then both lists shoudl have a look at OLSR.
>
> It is a forwaring protocol, so that users can connect wireless and in
> a chain of A-B-C-D-  / where only D has Internet connection / all
> other can surf and use the internet of D.

Same thing here.  Why should everyone have a look?  Not everybody needs
such configuration.

> This is quite useful and it would be great, if madwifi and HostAP can
> integrate this protocol.

Drivers cannot integrate this protocol.  If anything is needed to be
changed in the drivers that would make that protocol possible or more
effective, then it should be requested with sufficient technical
details, ideally by the developers of OLSR or by the maintainer of the
Linux wireless subsystem.

If you need it, then you should do the research, not everyone else.

I'm not going to participate in this discussion until I see specific
details of what needs to be done.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin