Question about WEP on wpa_supplicant

Dan Williams dcbw
Thu May 25 20:45:07 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 11:05 +0800, Soft Ergate wrote:
> I am using a sychip wireless card, the driver type is linux wireless
> extention 18.
> Does that means the driver doesn't support SIOCSIWESSID?

Do you have access to the source code?  The "connection refused" error
is one I've not seen in any other driver, so the driver may just be
returning the wrong error code.  A look at the driver source would tell
me in 5 minutes what's probably going wrong...

But when I said "driver" I meant, is it using a proprietary driver of
some kind?  Is it using the orinoco driver?  madiwifi?  Prism54?  What
does the output of 'lsmod' say?

Dan