wpa_cli dies after ACPI suspend/resume over long period of time

Osho GG oshogg
Thu May 25 12:06:04 PDT 2006

Hi,

I start wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli as following:

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -Bw -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i eth0 -D wext -dd

/usr/sbin/wpa_cli -i eth0 -a /usr/sbin/wpa_action_eth0.sh -B

This works well most of the time. I find that sometimes wpa_cli is no
longer running (pidof wpa_cli returns no processes) after ACPI
suspend/resume cycle which has left my laptop in sleep state for long
time (hours or overnight). I have to manually restart wpa_cli again.
Is there any reason why this could be happenning?

thanks,
Osho