hostap_pci & wpa & firmware

Jar jar
Thu May 25 08:11:03 PDT 2006

Jan Satko wrote:
>> periodically. It works 1-2 hours and then breaks. After 10-20 min
>
> Had same problems. Some months of work on it and no success.
> So i tried Atheros chipset and madwifi driver. Hostap driver seems not
> working well.

Yeah. Without wpa is works well. Seems that those breaks has something
to do with wpa.

Does anyone have 100% working system with hostapd+wpa(TKIP or CCMP)? And
if so which firmware?

I have tried 1.8.2 and 1.8.4 but those causes me occasional card resets
when the Intel iw2100 client try to associate. the 1.7.4 don't cause
resets, but it breaks the connection periodically. Clients do not use
power saving, but does acpi cause some power saving in Linux side? Does
hostap_pci do some power saving etc.?

--
Best Regards, Jar