Need to Buy a PCI Prism Chipset Wireless Adaptor...

G.W. Haywood ged
Tue May 23 01:36:01 PDT 2006

Hi there,

On Mon, 22 May 2006 Fawad Nazir wrote:

> I need to buy a PCI wireless adaptor with prism chipset

We have used several Netgear MA311G for our own networks for a number
years, and we have also supplied them to customers.  All the cards'
firmware are upgraded to either 1.7.4 or 1.8.4, some being flashed and
some in RAM at boot time.  Most of the cards have been in continuous
use for at least two years, none has (yet:) failed, even after a big
lightning strike next door (about 100 metres away) which took out our
entire telephone system, numerous computers and wired interfaces.

We no longer use HostAP with these cards, but when we did they worked
fine with it.

73,
Ged.