wpa_supplicant with bridge

Bob Carlson rjc
Tue May 16 08:29:59 PDT 2006

I have used wpa_supplicant embedded in an Atheros based AP that is being
used as a client acting as a bridge. So my situation is similar to yours,
but I am not working with madwifi or Linux at all.

WPA-PSK is really independent of the use of the link as a bridge. However,
there are a lot of places where Atheros and other vendors have not
supported bridging well. One AP I know of that works reasonably well is the
D-Link DWL 2100. It supports WDS along with WPA1. (It implements AES only
using WPA1 formats if that means anything to you.) WMM is NOT supported,
however.

Cheers, Bob