hostapd + madwifi + bridge not working

Gustavo Michels gustavo.michels
Mon May 8 05:37:36 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a similar working setup. I had the exact same behaviour while trying to
use CCMP and found out I could only make it work by disabling CCMP and
allowing only TKIP.

On Monday 08 May 2006 07:52, Sebasti?n Gonz?lez wrote:
> My hostapd.conf is:
>
> interface=ath0
> bridge=br0
> driver=madwifi
> logger_syslog=-1
> logger_syslog_level=2
> logger_stdout=-1
> logger_stdout_level=2
> debug=3
> dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
> ctrl_interface_group=0
> ssid=guajira
> macaddr_acl=1
> accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.accept
> deny_mac_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.deny
> auth_algs=1
> wpa=1

I use wpa=3, so I have WPA and WPA2, but this wouldn't make the difference.

> wpa_psk_file=/etc/hostapd/hostapd.wpa_psk
> wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP

Here I have wpa_pairwise=TKIP.

> The ath0 interface is created this way:
>
>        /sbin/wlanconfig ath0 destroy 2>/dev/null
>        /sbin/wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmode ap > /dev/
> null

You could replace all the above code for the following line
on /etc/modules.d/ath_pci.

options ath-pci autocreate=ap

Then modules-update and remove and reload the ath-pci module. The rest should
be fine.

Cheers
Gustavo