IEEE8021X problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Mar 25 19:50:49 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 07:37:13PM -0800, Alexey Marinichev wrote:

> I've been trying to get wpa_supplicant to work with our wireless network
> at work for quite a while and I'm always seeing the same problem:
> "SSL_connect - want more data".  Here's the log:

Do you know which authentication server is used in this network? Could
you please capture the EAPOL frames between the authenticator (AP) and
supplicant, e.g., with Ethereal from the client? Is anything else
printed after this log excerpt or is it just followed by a timeout?

> Any ideas what it is and what I should try?  Instructions for using
> wireless network from Windows explicitly state that "Validate server
> certificate" should be unchecked.

That is quite "useful" comment.. This breaks the network security by
opening it for man-in-the-middle attacks.. Anyway, this should not be
related to the problem you are seeing since server certificate
validation would happen only after the ServerHello message is received
successfully.