supplicant under WinXP

Attila Ruzsinszky ruzsinszky.attila
Fri Mar 24 08:44:32 PST 2006

Hi,

> > I pushed the reply button and now I can see no more e-mail address
> > except yours.
> > Do I have to explicite address the list?
>
> With most mail clients, you can hit "reply all" instead of "reply", and
Yes, "Reply all" was the trick! Thanks.
Now you're the addressee and the list gets a reply.

> Sounds like both the card and its firmware support TKIP then.  And
> wpa_supplicant supports WPA in EAP-TLS mode.  So it should work fine.
Yes, it works perfectly under Linux in the same notebook.

> > - under M$ XP SP1 it doesn't work neither its driver or wpa_supplicant.
>
> That's probably a problem with driver you're using then.
Yes.

> Yes; you could perhaps look for an updated driver from whoever made your
> card.  WPA is pretty ancient by now -- if your card doesn't have drivers
> that support it, I'll be surprised.
I haven't find it, yet.
Anyone can help me? Card is: NL-2511CD Plus (E100)

> As Jouni said, Windows/NDIS should work with ap_scan=2, so I'm not sure
> what's going on with that.
OK. My config should have to modify using ap_scan=2.
Under Linux, it wasn't problem. I'm not an XP expert. I try using M$
product as few as I can. But my colleagues are XP fans ...

> > OpenSSL: pending error: error:140CB00D:SSL
> > routines:SSL_use_PrivateKey_file:ASN1 lib
>
> Not sure where this comes from, but it doesn't look like the full
> output.  Perhaps it's related to another message you got somewhere
> before?
It was the full output what I enclosed.

> > CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:14:bf:xx:xx:xx completed (auth)
>
> This should mean that your card is connected and working just fine.  At
> this point you should be able to get a DHCP lease (or statically assign
> an address), and you should be able to pass traffic.
Yes, it works like a charm! ;-) I got the IP over DHCP, but I'd like to mention
It was the SMC card, not my NL-2511!

Thank you for your help!
TIA:
Ruzsi