WPA-Enterprise and hermes driver?

Tony Beville tbeville
Thu Mar 23 21:53:45 PST 2006

Are many folks out there using the driver_hermes.c module?  I know it's
not part of the current wpa_supplicant package, but there is an older
version that is part of the agere driver for 2.4 kernel.   We had to
forward-port that module to work with current wpa_supplicant, and have
it working for several scenarios, including LEAP (non-WPA), and WPA-PSK.

I have been trying to get it work for  WPA with EAP, specifically LEAP,
with some Cisco Aironet 1200s, but no luck.    I know I have the
wpa_supplicant.conf correct, because testing on a laptop (2.6 kernel)
with madwifi and ipw it works like a charm (Thanks to Jouni for helping
on that!).  But our hermes device won't fly;  it fails on association.
Sniffing the packets, it looks like the WPA info in the assoc request is
missing.

We are using agere driver 7.20, on a 2.4 kernel.

Anyone else out there using this hardware that can confirm the
capabilities of this module, or of the driver?

Thanks!

Tony

tbeville (at) intellidot (dot) net