supplicant under WinXP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Mar 22 20:20:57 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 06:53:49PM +0100, Ruzsinszky Attila wrote:

> The card is same:
> - under Linux, with wpa_supplicant, I can connect my AP with WPA TKIP
> TLS. So the card is support it. (I upgraded its firmware as I read on
> the Net.)
> - under M$ XP SP1 it doesn't work neither its driver or wpa_supplicant.

wpa_supplicant would support WPA on both Linux and Windows XP, but it
sounds like the Windows driver you are using does not support WPA.

> Only problem, with my hidden SSID doesn't work.
> I tried out ap_scan=0,1,2 parameters. Only ap_scan=1 is good for me,
> and unhidden SSID! Is this correct?

ap_scan=2 should work fine with Windows NDIS drivers. I haven't seen any
NDIS driver that would not work with it.. Did you configure all
parameters that ap_scan comments in wpa_supplicant.conf mention? Please
send your configuration file if you cannot get this working.

> Ps: Do you know PCMCIA card which is working perfectly under
> SuSE >=9.0 and at least M$ XP?

I'm not aware of any card that works _perfectly_ ;-). I've used
Prism2/2.5/3-based PC Cards successfully with both Windows and Linux.