About LEAP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Mar 19 19:32:22 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 12:24:21PM +0900, lily coco wrote:
> It is said that LEAP requires special support from the
> driver. Can anyone explain the reason for me? TIA.

Strictly speaking, LEAP (as in EAP method) does not require driver
support. However, LEAP is often used with Cisco APs that are configured
to require "Network EAP" authentication algorithm and that is the part
that requires driver support on the driver. If the AP is configured to
allow open system authentication with LEAP, no additional driver support
is needed.