WPA-PSK locks up at 4WAY_HANDSHAKE (2/4) / setting: ndiswrapper, ubuntu, WG511 (v1)

Bryan Kadzban bryan
Tue Mar 14 09:39:28 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 01:56:29PM +0100, Sebastian Eiser wrote:
> SIOCGIWRANGE: too old (short) data - assuming WPA is not supported

What kernel version is this?  It might work better (especially if you're
using the latest ndiswrapper) to use the wext driver in wpa_supplicant
instead of the ndiswrapper driver.  (-Dwext instead of -Dndiswrapper)

> and in the end:
> WPA: Sending EAPOL-Key 2/4
> >> all the time. It seems like the AP doesnt accept the key and
> wouldnt let me connect. is there a way to check that in detail.

Only if you can get at logs from the AP that would tell you why it's
dropping the EAPOL-Key frame.  The most common reason is a mismatch in
PSK values, but there are other reasons too.  I think looking into wext
(assuming you have a new enough kernel) would be a bit more promising,
though.