wpa_cli quirks?

Kel Modderman kelrin
Wed Mar 1 03:40:36 PST 2006

Hi,

I'd like to query the handling of wpa_cli commands executed as
arguments, rather than  from within the wpa_cli console. Are they
handled differently as in the following example?

root at KELSLAP:/home/kel# wpa_cli -i eth1 set_network 1 ssid "kelnet"
FAIL
root at KELSLAP:/home/kel# wpa_cli -i eth1
wpa_cli v0.5.1
Copyright (c) 2004-2006, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi> and contributors

This program is free software. You can distribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2.

Alternatively, this software may be distributed under the terms of the
BSD license. See README and COPYING for more details.

Interactive mode

 > set_network 1 ssid "kelnet"
OK

I would have expected the same result from both scenarios.

Also, are the valid values of ap_scan only 0,1 & 2?

 > ap_scan 0
OK
 > ap_scan 1
OK
 > ap_scan 2
OK
 > ap_scan 3
FAIL
 > ap_scan foo
OK

Shouldn't it reject the garbage value of "foo"?

Thanks, Kel.