Failed installing wpa_supplicant

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr
Thu Jun 29 15:15:38 PDT 2006

I'm assuming you didn't intend to make this a private reply, please remember
to use 'Reply to All' so everyone can see the problem, discussion, and
solution.

On Thursday 29 June 2006 18:02, James wrote:
> Hi Andrew;
> Thanks for the response. I did try to diable the smart card support. I
> define "n" and and try again with "make clean" and "make" and still get
> the same error message.

Well, pcsc (see filename below) is a widely-used smartcard library, so
something smartcard related is not getting disabled. Look at pcsc_funcs.c and
see if the line

#include <winscard.h>

is wrapped in any #ifdefs, like maybe:

#ifdef CONFIG_WINDOWS

then add CONFIG_WINDOWS=n (or whatever) to your .config file.

> By the way I am using certificate that's been
> generated using open ssl. If the smartcard is disable, is the
> wpa_supplicant still able to read the private key?

It will unless the private key is on a smart card. I believe wpa_supplicant
relies on OpenSSL for it's own certificate support to some extent, so make
sure you have that installed, including the header files.

If I may ask, why are you not using distribution packages? Most all distros
package wpa_supplicant.

Andrew Barr | andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
http://www.oakcourt.dyndns.org/~andrew/

"I think religion is bad and drugs are good.
Why don't you find me a campaign manager?"
 -- Bill Maher, when asked if he would run for office