how can I use hostap perform access control on wired network?

兰 海波 lanhaibo
Sun Jun 25 06:39:43 PDT 2006

I try to use hostap at my gateway to perform access control by 802.1x with
radius anthentication won wired network, but i failed.
Here is the environment of my system:
linux : fc4
two ethernet card:
eth0 : 192.168.1.158
eth1 : 192.168.6.1
hostapd:0.4.9

wired.conf:
interface=eth1
driver=wired
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=1
debug=2
dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ieee8021x=1
eap_reauth_period=3600
use_pae_group_addr=1
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1
nas_identifier=ap.example.com
auth_server_addr=127.0.0.1
auth_server_port=1812
auth_server_shared_secret=radius
acct_server_addr=127.0.0.1
acct_server_port=1813
acct_server_shared_secret=radius

I run hostapd, and it works.Then i set my window xp to use "Network access
control using IEEE 802.1X" but i can't get any anthentication request from
hostap and it seem that hostap can't find the 802.1x client.
After that i use wpa_supplicant to test hostap. here is my conf
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=0
network={
        ssid=""
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        identity="lhb"
        password="lhb"
}
when i run: wpa_supplicant -i eth0 -d d -D wired -c./md5.conf, it show:
Initializing interface 'eth0' conf './md5.conf' driver 'wired'
ctrl_interface 'N/A'
Configuration file './md5.conf' ->
'/home/lhb/src/wpa_supplicant-0.4.9/examples/./md5.conf'
Reading configuration file
'/home/lhb/src/wpa_supplicant-0.4.9/examples/./md5.conf'
ctrl_interface='/var/run/wpa_supplicant'
ap_scan=0
Priority group 0
   id=0 ssid=''
Initializing interface (2) 'eth0'
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
wpa_driver_wired_init: Added multicast membership with packet socket
Own MAC address: 00:50:fc:28:14:4e
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
Added interface eth0
EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto
Already associated with a configured network - generating associated event
Association info event
State: DISCONNECTED -> ASSOCIATED
Associated to a new BSS: BSSID=01:80:c2:00:00:03
No keys have been configured - skip key clearing
Network configuration found for the current AP
WPA: clearing AP WPA IE
WPA: clearing AP RSN IE
WPA: clearing own WPA/RSN IE
EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto
Associated with 01:80:c2:00:00:03
WPA: Association event - clear replay counter
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=1
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state IDLE
EAP: EAP entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state IDLE
EAPOL: startWhen --> 0
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state CONNECTING
EAPOL: txStart
and hostapd still can not find 802.1x client.

It is more strange that when i run "wpa_supplicant -i eth0 -d d -D wired
-c./md5.conf" at my gateway, it is working now!!!!!

I need your help, thank very much