Hostap in Ubuntu

Sriram Chadalavada swenggsri
Thu Jun 22 12:31:36 PDT 2006

On 6/22/06, Jar <jar at pcuf.fi> wrote:

> Dan Williams wrote:
> > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist  (add orinoco and orinoco_cs on separate
> > lines)
>
> In FC4 this is not working for me, orinoco_pci is always loaded.
>

> I have similar issues on my FC5 (2.6.16 kernel) laptop. With an Eazix
card, hostap is loaded but with a Sparklan card (both carry prism 2.5/3
chipset), orinoco is loaded.

I am not familiar yet with the new pcmcia subsystem (no cardmgr etc) and
will give the modprobe blacklist a shot.

Is the /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf file still being used though, now that
cardmgr is out of the picture?